Q. ...If I am root? I know groupdel *user* completely deletes it but what if I just want to log them off? Or kill all of their processes.
A. pkill -U username
What does it mean for windows users if basic knowledge of linux commands are required?
Q. For example FTP and Telnet both run Linux. So that would indicate that some basic konwledge of Linux commands is necessary. However, I am a Windows user...
A. FTP can run on Linux, but it doesn't always run on Linux.
You can run an FTP server on Windows and an FTP client on Windows. Same for Mac.
It is just a File Transfer Protocol. The protocol is cross-platform, not Linux-specific.
You can run an FTP server on Windows and an FTP client on Windows. Same for Mac.
It is just a File Transfer Protocol. The protocol is cross-platform, not Linux-specific.
What is a good site/book that briefly goes over all linux commands ?
Q. Some tools like grep, wget, etc can be used to do some amazing things with all the options and piping - what's a resource that'll go over cool stuff to do with these and that is less verbose than the man pages ?
A. This one doesn't cover all linux commands, but it will help you understand the command line.
http://linuxcommand.org
http://linuxcommand.org
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
No comments:
Post a Comment