Sunday, January 6, 2013

How do you make a computer running Ubuntu Linux show up on a network of Widows computers?

Q. I set up an old laptop with Ubuntu Linux with the intention of making it a print server. I hooked up a printer to it, and set it to share all printers, yet when I go onto my Windows computers, neither it, nor the printer attached to it, show up. What should I do to make it successfully work as a print server?

A. You need to install Samba server and client. This is the Windows network messaging protocol.

How do you get internet connection for Ubuntu (Linux) if you are already a windows user?
Q. i have been trying to get the internet connected to Ubuntu for the past few days and i just cant seem to get it. i dont have an ethernet cord and the terminal just isnt working. can someone help?

A. Here is the Official Ubuntu Wireless Documentation https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessCardsSupported

In the event of your Wifi card being unsupported you can use Ndiswrapper Here is the Official Ubuntu Ndiswrapper Documentation https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/Ndiswrapper

LUg.

How do i install a windows program on Ubuntu Linux using WINE?
Q. I have Wine installed on my computer which runs Ubuntu 9.04, and I want to install Windows Flight Simulator. Clicking setup in the disk's files does no good. How do I install it? Thanks!

A. WINE Windows Flight Simulator
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=278

Using Wine on Ubuntu
http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/wine


LUg.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment