Q. I am using a sony vaio laptop, Y series VPCYB35AG. To adjust the brightens and volume. However this doesnt work on Backtrack linux 5 R2. So i think it is a driver that is missing. If so, where can i find one?
Also how does Kmix work, how do i play music with it?
If not what is the problem then?
Also how does Kmix work, how do i play music with it?
If not what is the problem then?
A. 1. The controls for backlights vary . For most systems, you can try adding
Option "RegistryDwords" "EnableBrightnessControl=1"
to the Device section of your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file (create it if it doesn't exist).
2. KMix only controls the volume. It doesn't play music. Install / use a media player such as Amarok or Rhythmbox.
Option "RegistryDwords" "EnableBrightnessControl=1"
to the Device section of your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file (create it if it doesn't exist).
2. KMix only controls the volume. It doesn't play music. Install / use a media player such as Amarok or Rhythmbox.
How do I boot Backtrack with VMware?
Q. I've downloaded Backtrack Linux, and I've set it up with VMware. When I go to boot it, I've tried it in text mode and safe mode, but I just get the message:
This kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU. Unable to boot - please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU.
How can I fix this, or get it to boot?
This kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU. Unable to boot - please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU.
How can I fix this, or get it to boot?
A. The problem is that you have selected to download it as 64-bit. That's too much for the CPU to handle, so you must download 32-bit, when you're on the Backtrack website. I selected, Gnome, 32-bit, ISO, Direct- as my options. And then when I was setting it up, I used Linux OS, then, Other Linux 2.6.x kernel. This fixed everything.
PS, This is actually Flame Sword on another account. I figured out how to fix it, and I wanted to put the correct answer up here for other people to refer to. Thank you!
PS, This is actually Flame Sword on another account. I figured out how to fix it, and I wanted to put the correct answer up here for other people to refer to. Thank you!
How to type password in BackTrack 4 Linux LOGIN?
Q. I burned Backtrack 4 Linux [Final Release] to a DVD and than i type "login" than enter "root" than I try to enter "toor" but here's the thing, NO KEY REGISTERS INTO IT [as in can't type anything in] I tried this on 2 different computers but same issue, what do i do?
A. you could also boot into linux at a 'lower level' (text only login) which should resolve also.
ctrl + alt then try numbers 1 - 7 until you get lower level. After logging in successfully, run 'startx'
ctrl + alt then try numbers 1 - 7 until you get lower level. After logging in successfully, run 'startx'
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
No comments:
Post a Comment