Saturday, January 12, 2013

How to get diner dash to play linux?

Q. Have linux on my computer i want to play diner dash... i have tried wine and all that crap currently wine wont open anything so i am very unhappy. i have also tried virtual box i am on linux 10.4 and stupid virtual box will not install windows it gets half way and stops.

A. Try the program PlayOnLinux. if that does not work than I believe you are out of luck. Dont leave Linux though. Because are gaming base with double within the next 3 month. Valve is currently working on steam for linux. This will give us a big library of games.

How do I run Steam games on Linux?
Q. I got Steam to work on Linux using Wine. All my games worked just fine for a while, but all of the sudden none of them will run (except Portal for some reason). When i try to open them it says, "Preparing to launch," then does nothing. Does anyone know what the problem is, or how to fix it?

A. You could use a program like WINE (Windows Emulator) to get it going. Or you can try a virtual machine but sometimes that wont load drivers and you still wont be able to play. The best option will be a dual boot of windows and linux. The reason being, that for the sake of stability, for the drivers to work, and for you to get a good performance it is just easier to play on Windows (since all PC games are generally designed for Windows environments).

How do i use a graphical file manager so i can use steam on "Linux"?
Q. So i wan to use steam on my school macbook that i can bring home. But to use programs like steam i have to use linux (works for minecraft). The only way I can use steam on linux is to open it with a graphical file manager (i downloaded muCommander). I don't know how to use one because i don't use linux. I'd love some help.

A. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish.

Steam can be installed to Windows or Mac.
http://store.steampowered.com/about/

File managers can be used for any operating system if one is written for it.

If you are using it on a Linux machine, it seems that they have it in limited beta. You may not be able to participate in this beta version.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment